Prison life I'm feeling Lucky Ohio Reformatory for Women Marysville Serial Killer female inmates Canada, Montreal Canada, Toronto Segregated Housing Unit Warden Dorothy Arn Mrs. Turley Women in prison OZ

Saturday 13 February 2016

2 HIGH 4 THE PRICE EVENT

 Today, 6 of us went to speak to the youth at an Alternative high school in Danbury,
(Me, Yahya, Lugo, Maxwell, Moran, and Conteh).  The kids came over to U-Conn
small Theatre, and we did our thing in front of teachers, U-Conn staff, and the teens.
The most enlightening comment came from a senior that told us, "Thank you for
showing us the other side of what we are feeling.  Both of my parents have done
time."  His words were the general consensus.  Many of the youth had atleast one
parent in prison, or suffering from some kind of addiction.  It was an emotional
day for me, because realisticly, I spoke to many, and most could have been my
family.  I ate Subway today too!  That was awesome.  I am still full from the loaded
footlong.  Another successful event for 2 High 4 The Price public speaking/mentoring!!!
Rhonda Turpin
author, publisher, prisoner
Feb. 12, 2016
Danbury Federal Prison Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment