Prison life I'm feeling Lucky Ohio Reformatory for Women Marysville Serial Killer female inmates Canada, Montreal Canada, Toronto Segregated Housing Unit Warden Dorothy Arn Mrs. Turley Women in prison OZ

Wednesday 19 October 2016

WHY THERE ARE BABIES CRYING LOUD AROUND ME

Guess what? No. I am not loosing my head or frequenting pill line.  At MDC 
Brooklyn they have a new pilot program called Parenting Behind Bars.  

It is a pilot program that features something I have never seen before- computerized
infants that look and appear real. Can you imagine taking a nap and being
startled by a small baby crying, or even cooing?  

That happened to me yesterday.The women in the program get to keep the babies for 48 hours.  The babies cost $1200 each.  With 6 of them on the range, one of them is always crying.
They have to be fed, burpped, their diaper changed, and even cuddled when
they feel like it.  

Initially the women had to complete a parenting program. There are two boys and four girl infants. They have their carseats that they sleep in.  It took me back to when my children were babies.  I do not let  babies cry, so I easily yelled, "Pick that baby up!  

Don't let him cry!"  We have all nationalities too. The mothers got to pick which baby they wanted also.It gives a human touch to jail that crosses many boundaries.  We have one more
night with the babies at MDC Brooklyn!

Rhonda Turpin
Oct. 19, 2016
author, publisher, prisoner

No comments:

Post a Comment