Prison life I'm feeling Lucky Ohio Reformatory for Women Marysville Serial Killer female inmates Canada, Montreal Canada, Toronto Segregated Housing Unit Warden Dorothy Arn Mrs. Turley Women in prison OZ

Monday 9 March 2015

C-3-15
A GOOD LAUGH GOES A LONG WAY

     We all know people that are truly funny.  It is nice to have one living
next door to me.  I live in A-dorm, which is comprised of 50 women residing
in 2-women cubicles.  Let me translate- no privacy.  If your neighbor snores,
it feels like she's in the same cube. This evening I was walking from the
community bathroom to my room, and heard "Jay"(our comedian) tell our
bus driver, "You are not even a good white! You need to find another race!"
Well, I try not to let my neighbors know I ear hustle, and secretly nosey, so
I tried to keep a straight face walking pass the cube they were in.  It
didn't work.  Our bus driver said, "Ms. Turpin!" so that I could comment, and
I burst out laughing so hard I almost peed on myself.   Today was a good
day because it was my first day of Zumba class, after doing Bob Harper's
biggest loser tape, and I felt productive.  In the Zumba class, my bunkie Amanda
said behind me, "my body doesn't move like that.  All of the white girls here
are moving another way, in the opposite direction."  And sure enough, they
were!  Another good laugh watching them in action.  The class was a lot of
fun because I love to dance.  Prison is hard.  We all miss our children, grand-
children, parents and mates, but its nice to have a good laugh and people
like Jay keeps laughter radiating throughout the dorm. 
Laugh- it's soothing to the soul....
Rhonda Turpin
author, publisher, prisoner
Danbury Federal Camp
3/5/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment