Prison life I'm feeling Lucky Ohio Reformatory for Women Marysville Serial Killer female inmates Canada, Montreal Canada, Toronto Segregated Housing Unit Warden Dorothy Arn Mrs. Turley Women in prison OZ

Wednesday 27 August 2014

C-1 Week One You Can't Son Me

C-1 Week One
      You Can't Son Me
     Previously, Felonista posted once a week, with a Facts/Recap at the end of
the week, for six weeks.  For series three, I have revised the format to posting
twice a week, and a recap/facts/commentary when necessary.
    Recently, a new Russian inmate came in.  I noticed immediately that the rest of
the Russians were not dealing with her. Russians clique- they sit together, eat together,
walk together, and pray together, even if they do not like each other.
    "Be careful.  Do not tell her your business.  She snitched on everyone in her case."
One of the Russians warned me.
   "I don't trust any prisoner with my business, but thanks."  I replied.
   We will call her Itty because of her size.  She was extremely petite.
   "I want to pick your brain, and I want you to edit my work."  She said to me
repeatedly from the second day she arrived.  She showed me kindness, and shared
all her books.  My time is easy to capture.  An intelligent debate about an author
or a book is rare in prison.
   "My nine year old son is sending his book in for you to edit.  He said, tell the lady
that wrote the book to edit my book."  She told me.
  I looked at her sideways, but wanted to see where all this was going.  I can NOT
be sonned, Nor can I be manipulated, so after having her run after me and capture
hours of my time answering her questions and helping her with her new book, I decided
to put a bartering deal on the table.
    "I have an offer for you.  I will help you repeatedly with your book stuff, and walk
you through it, and in exchange I want you to help me get my body in tip-top shape."
    She's a seasoned physical therapist, with professional massage skills, why not?
    "Well that's not a two minute thing.  I would have to assess your body, and show
you your weak points, etc."  She said.
    "Well, helping you and your son with your books is also not a two-minute thing.
I believe in bartering.  Its fair exchange."  I said.
     Her face displayed reluctance.  Interesting.  Did this woman think that she was
really about to son me for the next nine months of her sentence?  I think she did!
    "So, what's up?"  I asked her.
    "I will come to your room and assess you this evening."  She said.
     Well, needless to say, 48 hours later, I am still waiting.  What is even more
interesting is that she is no longer running behind me every five minutes.  She
cut me off of her book lending circle immediately, and although we have walked
past each other repeatedly, it is hard for her to make eye contact.
    Moral to the story- do NOT ever let anyone son you.  If you barter with someone
then they will respect you if they are not trying to use or abuse you.
 
The Felonista
Rhonda Turpin
8/26/2014
author, publisher, prisoner

No comments:

Post a Comment